Why is it that I feel like I'm talking to myself?

Helllllooooo out there!
*crickets chirping*

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

100 Things

Got this game from Amber. Anyone can play along, just BOLD the things you have done.

1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. Well, no, but I've been to Epcot Center and Sea World and Kennedy Space Center. Doesn't that count for anything?
8. Climbed a mountain. I haven't technically climbed a mountain, but I have climbed on a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped. Who would?
12. Visited Paris. I've been close, okay? To Paris, Texas, that is.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. So it wasn't in France. But why does it have to be? I've seen it.
20. Slept on an overnight train. Let me clarify. I've napped on a train that travels overnight. I just wasn't on it for the over night.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you're not sick. Probably only once though. I'm sure of it...
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping. In the bathtub.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
31. Hit a home run. I'm sure I did one time maybe. Quit laughing.
32. Been on a cruise. Well no, but that's next, right John?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. What if your ancestors are from every corner of the earth, huh? What then?
35. Seen an Amish community. Finally! One I've really and truly done! I even took a picture of an Amish carriage and I felt so naughty because they don't like their picture taken, I'd heard.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Three, actually. I'm fluent in Rebeccan, Joelish, and Claytonese.
37. Had enough money to truly be satisfied.
38. Seen the leaning tower of Pisa in person. No, but don't you think this is entirely over-rated?
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David.
41. Sung karaoke. In my own house. Alone.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. Woohoo!! I've done this two times. Neener neener.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. Or rather, bought a stranger a gift certificate for a meal at a restaurant. That was because said stranger found John's checkbook.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. I really did! On a real beach! And there was moonlight! And it was even with John. I'm not lying!
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted. Sketched, painted...what's the diff?
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Come on. Why not list "Hopped on one foot in front of a giraffe while on Safari in the Netherlands." ?
52. Kissed in the rain. Probably hundreds of times. Thousands, even. Because John is that romantic.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class. Not formally, but in high school I learned self-defense. Stay away from me, man. I'm warnin' ya.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served in a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. I did! I really did!
62. Gone whale watching. Dolphins, whales...they're all the same right? I really have gone on a dolphin-watching ride. Why isn't that question in here?
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Yes, for real. John used to send me bouquets of roses every single week while we were dating.
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma. Um-hmm. I lost (donated) lots of blood in the name of giving birth.
65. Gone sky diving. {{Shudder}}
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp.
67. Bounced a check. *taunting voice* I really did this and you didn't. pttttthhhhhhbbbbb
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. I have to keep it hidden though, or John might mistake it as meaningless junk and toss it.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. I did this too!!! I did!! I di.....oh. I'm not supposed to be proud of this?
76. Seen the changing of the guards in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. It felt like it was speeding, okay? We were probably going 15 mph... And that's the last time I've been on a motorcycle. I was 10 at the time.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Oh *giggle*! I'm such a well-rounded person! I've been here TWO times.
80. Published a book. Fifth grade. Yes, it was called Chicken and Rice. Hold the applause. Be sure to place your order soon.
81. Been to the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the paper. You know that book I was talking about? Yeah.
85. Read the entire Bible. Well not all at once. Not even in order.
86. Visited the White House. I used to live in a white house. Several in fact.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. I have witnessed the entire operation of butchering chickens, start to finish. Then my siblings and I got to pluck them. Awful smell...
88. Had Chicken pox. What a coincidence! Wasn't I just talking about chickens?
89. Saved someone's life. My kids are still alive, aren't they?
90. Sat on a jury. Ouch.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. Three actually. You might not have known that.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. My pointer finger swam in it. And I've flown over it, even. It's true.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. I was stung 9 times, during a Biology field trip in ninth grade. A bee even got stuck behind my glasses.
100. Read an entire book in one day. Is this something I should be proud of?

2 comments:

Amber said...

I laughed really hard, Jenny...do you talk like this all the time? If you do, we'd have a blast! I agree about the chicken feathers smelling horrible, it's amazing the smell ever left my nostrils.

Jenny said...

Well yes, I do. I think. Once I get to know someone I tend to lean towards obnoxious. Until then I can be sort of shy.