We got to spend part of our weekend at yet another farm. What made it even more special were the people...old friends, reminiscing, lots of laughter, good food, fellowship.
John and his brothers used to spend a few weeks at this very farm, for several summers in a row. He's known Wayne and Kevin for years. Who'd have thought that when we get together now, there'd be a family connection as well? Kevin's wife is my second cousin on my mom's side (Kevin and Candace are the couple in the center). Not that we need blood relation to feel close to this family, though!
It was only just last year that I met Wayne's wife Lori and their three kids (they live in another state) but we hit it off and it feels like I've known them forever. (They're the family on the right)
And then we had to say goodbye, but maybe we'll meet again next year. Same time, same place? Count me in!

3 comments:
What a great gravel road! Love farms. They are few & far between around where I grew up now.
Hey I have added you to my blog list!
Can't wait to keep up with what you are up to.
We loved every minute of our time together, too! Can't wait to meet up again. (I'll post pictures when I'm home with a faster connection!)
Post a Comment